Benefits of Pregnancy Massage
The benefits of pregnncy massage during pregnancy consist of not only relaxing the soon to be mother and reducing any stress or anxiety but also to reduce pain. Pain can be prevalent in areas of the body that are affected by the woman’s weight gain, for instance in the low back or legs. With these constant changes postural issues can also occur.
- Lowered anxiety
- Decreased back and leg pain
- Improved sleep
- Decreased levels of the stress hormone norepinephrine
- Improvement of mood
Safe Techniques for Pregnancy Massage:
- Deep-tissue massage, can be used as long as deep pressure throughout the back is avoided.
- Swedish massage, uses long strokes to the muscles and is focused on the joints throughout the body
- Relaxation massage – uses lighter pressure throughout the body, allowing the woman to rest.
Our Registered Massage Therapists at Serenity will adapt their techniques to address the changes in a woman’s body and all that it goes through during pregnancy. In pregnancy a woman’s blood volume increases dramatically — as much as 50%. The blood flow to a woman’s legs often becomes sluggish.
So our goal is to relax the muscles, decrease any aches or pains in the body and help the mother to feel rested and relaxed.
We have a team that has been certified in Pregnancy Massage.